Friday, September 30, 2011

Thoughts and Rambles 11

"Now concludes the first battle. Some may not even call it a battle while other may recall it being very difficult. Either way,  we all experienced some of the same things. We all went into the battle with some knowledge of what it will be like. Some were prepared more than others however. Some were wearing and wielding top quality armor and weapons while others were left going in with second choices. That's how it always is. But they made the most of it. We all tried our best to make the most of it.

Some went into the heat of the battle right off the start. They hit the ground running. Hard. Others went in where there were very little resistance. No matter what difficulty everyone entered in as, many were separated from their loved ones. Many were also separated from their closest companions. This distance was either the cause of their fall, rise, or had no affect on them whatsoever.

However, we were not alone. We were never alone. Through the period of the battle they may have made new friends, found new places to call home, and found new loves. However, in order to find new things, some of them had to leave the past behind. Things may have been forgotten in the heat of the battle. But, they will rise up again. They will be found again either by someone new or their previous possessor.

We may have exited the battle with scars that will stick with us forever. But they will not be the last. We may have returned with self-proclaimed badges of honor that we will always cherish. But once again, they will not be the last. The days seemed to have blended into each other. There have been times where I have forgotten what number of the month I was presently in or even what name of the day. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And quite possibly, the complete opposite.

At this time, I have come to some realization in my life. When faced with new things, people change. Everyone does. This does not exclude anyone at all. But through that period of change, we find out who is real, and who is not. We find out the liars from the ones we used to trust, and we find the people who we can trust through the ones that used to lie. The heat of battle changes people. At the brink, we show who we truly are. We show who our true character is. Or what it will become. Is that the final stage though? Of course not. Why would it be? It is much too early to tell.

But here is where we make our foundation. We find out who will step in when the rest of the world turns their back on us. We find out that we may have to be part of the world that turns their back. We find out who we can truly trust. We find out who people are. We find out a little bit more about ourselves. We make ourselves into what we are to become just a little bit more. I hope that when they ask me how I survived, I answer, "With friends." I hope to find myself just a bit more. I still have to finish writing my own story.

Nothing lasts forever. Now enter what you want in to that empty space. You make your own history. You make your own future. You make yourself. That is what I have learned. At least, that is what I have come to know.

Forever ends. Does it? Are promises worth keeping even if they have to be lied about? Was it a lie when I left home and told them I would fight to bring back peace? Does it make sense? Sometimes, lies tell us the truth. I believe there are two types of feelings behind lies. One: To not care enough to tell the truth. Two: To care enough to protect us from the truth. Now tell me, which side do I partake in the most? Did I tell those villagers the right thing? Did I take the lives of my enemies for the better? Who is to be called an enemy when we are all fighting for a cause that we believe in?

Maybe some people live for the drama. Maybe some people live for the adrenaline they get on the battlefield. They want to come back home with scars to prove they have become stronger in many ways. Maybe some people just want to watch the world burn. Maybe some people want that to happen so they can have the opportunity to save the world. So tell me, which side am I on?

Are you the enemy, or are you the hero?

At the end of this war, I hope to tell my story with some words of wisdom. I hope to end this war before the children of this era find out what war is really like. Through this time, I will meet other people. Much more than I have met already. And I can only try to prepare myself. But sometimes life likes to be different and throw everything out of line. Let it be.

So, let it be. Let it go."

Hm, well, this took much longer than I had expected. I had this thought of writing something like this a long time ago, but I never really got around to finishing it. It just ended up adding stuff, deleting stuff, and a whole bunch of other things. But this is called Thoughts and Rambles. But I also wanted this to be a little be different. I wanted this to be like a diary/log of a soldier in war. Not modern time war, I envision it to be like fictional type of war. Does this relate to anything in real life? I don't know. I couldn't honestly tell you. I'll probably end up making edits to this entry. I feel like I need to. Anyways, time to think some more. Man, I think way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment